Let us guide you through the ins and outs of your funeral experience.
Attending a service at Mitchell-Jerdan Funeral Home
- Watch over children to ensure their safety.
- Follow our cemetery guidelines.
- Respect cemetery visiting hours.
- Follow the marked roadways.
- Be respectful by keeping quiet around visitors who wish to reflect.
- Stay longer than you want to. It’s all about what you’re comfortable doing, don’t feel that you need to linger if you’ve celebrated your loved one in a way that feels right to you.
- Be afraid to laugh and share happy memories and stories. Laughter and telling happy stories can be the best medicine on the road to healing.
- Feel that you need to look at the deceased. If this is something you’re not comfortable doing, there is no need to do so. A service is about your comfort level and your desire to celebrate the person in a way most meaningful to you.
- Let your children be too loud and disturb others. As always, respect others and practice awareness.
- Leave your cell phone ringer on. No one needs that additional noise when they’re trying to reflect.
- Be afraid to make a mistake or do something wrong. You are doing something right just by coming and caring.